Hey you, are you responsible for implementing a BI solution that is future proof and allows for virtually infinite scaling? Do you recognize the qualities of Power BI as a state of the art reporting tool but feel limited by Power Query’s data transformation capabilities? Do you want to upgrade from a reporting environment to an integrated data analytics platform and leverage your SQL and Power BI skills in the process? Then stop looking, we got you covered!
In our new training “Practical data warehousing with SQL in Azure” you will learn how to implement a practical and professional data warehouse solution from A to Z. We do this by following the Kimball dimensional data modeling principles for BI solutions. We build an analytics platform from a selection of Azure Data Services that together offer a rich and comprehensive suite of services, including data integration, data storage, data protection, data warehousing and data visualization.
- Kimball dimensional data modeling principles for BI solutions
- Designing low-code pipelines that streamline your data traffic with Azure Data Factory
- Shaping Azure Data Lake Gen 2 as the landing zone for your data sources
- Writing SQL code in stored procedures for managing staged data transformations with Azure Sql Database
- Securing connection strings and passwords with Azure Key Vault
- Setting up fact and dimension tables that cook up the menu for self service analytics
- Seamlessly plugging in Power BI on these datasets for creating insightful dashboards
- Basic SQL knowledge (select, from, where, order by, group by, having, join, union, update, insert, delete, …)
- Nice to have: The course is easier to follow if you already have some basic Power BI knowledge, or have are familiar with another BI tool.
Do you fit our brief? Then let’s get going!
€600/day + 1 hour free follow-up with your trainer!
Ask for more details: email@example.com
This workshop will be given by Gerrit Van Even. Our technical expert when it comes to data and BI. He’s been immersing himself in the SQL language and is a true data warehouse superhero.
- Workshops start at 9h and are finished around 17h.
- Credon provides sandwiches for lunch.
- Dijkstraat 6, 2630 Aartselaar or Industrieweg 116, 3980 Tessenderlo
- Participants have to bring their own laptop.
Workshops take place at a minimum of three subscribers.
Questions about this Workshop?
Contact us at: +32 13 35 37 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org